About the position
This is a challenging role that combines writing compelling marketing copy with writing clear and accurate in-product and instructional copy. This requires a writer that can write in two related, but distinct voices, and help evolve both. This position will sit on the User Experience team and work very closely with the marketing team.
- Manage marketing communications, messaging and copywriting capability, including:
- Writing superb, neigh glorious, copy for all of Moz’s marketing communications.
- Authoring and managing the core messaging and collateral of the Moz product offerings.
- Administering the Moz website’s overall messaging and marketing copy.
- Work with the product team to help shape and evolve a clear product voice that works alongside the marketing copy
- Write exceptional in-product and instructional content to help inform and delight our customers.
- Own and enforce brand and product voice in all customer-facing copy.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing communications writing as well as a background in writing for product, desirably in the high tech, online marketing or software industries.
- Capable of crafting a consistent brand voice across a SaaS product line that can be encompass disparate product groups
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and an ability to embrace the Moz voice (which we might describe as being charming, fun, and honest).
- The capability and willingness to work on a wide range projects and tasks.
- Experience or knowledge with search engine optimization and the search marketing industry strongly preferred—alternatively a willingness and competence to learn about inbound marketing, online marketing and search engine optimization.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
We build analytics software that gives our users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. Behind the tool is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’re a startup with the ability to turn a profit, backed by a passionate community of followers, and with an exciting and hopefully VERY lucrative road ahead.
We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. It’s not just about ping pong games and company parties (though we have those too!)— We’d love you to learn more about it below before you apply:
Sneak peek at the goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- 21 days off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)