About the Position
Moz is looking for a product manager with a great blend of strategic skills with solid tactical chops. A product management professional that can apply those skills to our SAAS business and Inbound Marketing industry segment.
- Deeply understand our business, industry, and customers; translate needs into product plans, user stories and requirements
- Understand the bigger picture and help shape strategic plans and decisions related to new features and product additions
- Contribute creative and innovative ideas to the business.
- Work closely with SMEs and be able to meld expert domain knowledge with customer info to develop the best solutions.
- Be the central point of communication and strategic direction for all owned projects.
- Base decisions and measure success on data/metrics that best convey success.
- Work effectively with everyone at the company: researchers, developers, designers, marketers, and everyone in between.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Keep on top of the details so that nothing slips through the cracks
Some traits we love for this role:
- TAGFEE (it guides all that we do)
- Excellent problem solver, creative thinker, and extremely self-motivated.
- Strong empathy for customers and coworkers.
- Analytical and detail oriented and able to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time.
- Strong CS knowledge. CS background preferred but not required
- Participation in the social web (blogsphere, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience with Agile processes / scrum.
- Experience/instincts for information architecture, UX and product design
- Experience with inbound marketing areas, such as SEO, social media, and web analytics.
- Experience with either/both Small B2B and Enterprise solution providers.
- Energy to share with an already energetic (and highly caffeinated) team.
- 6+ years of recent experience as a product or program manager in Software/SAAS/Digital Media
- A high-level understanding and curiosity about technology – you won’t write code, but you need to work intelligently with those who do.
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Able to herd cats, dogs, and the occasional circus animal
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required
- Experience in a high-energy startup or an enterprise class software company is a plus
- Experience in inbound marketing, SEO/SEM, content marketing or social marketing a plus.
We build analytics software that gives our users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. Behind the tool is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’re a small company with the ability to turn a profit, backed by a passionate community of followers, and with an exciting and hopefully VERY lucrative road ahead.
We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. It’s not just about ping pong games and company parties (though we have those too!)— Learn more about it below before you apply:
Sneak peek at the goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K with employer match, and stock options.
- 21 days off plus $3000 per year towards your vacation!!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies.
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!).