Moz is looking for an experienced, creative, and generally awesome leader and manager for an already phenomenal UX and Design team. We want to find someone who brings deep experience in shipping beautiful, intuitive web and mobile products, advocating for great user experience across the company, smoothing out processes, recruiting great people, and helping a talented team take their work to the next level.
About this position
We are looking for someone that has led great teams to build great things. In this role, a candidate would be responsible for:
- Owning and evangelizing a UX vision across the company
- Being a manager for a 5-6 person design/UX team
- Mentoring team members and sharing best practices in areas of design, UX, management, etc.
- Recruiting and growing the team to support company needs
- Ensure a cohesive product experience, taking into account all elements that form that experience
- Facilitating and guiding a cross-discipline design process
- Helping the team dream up and recognize great ideas, and then execute on them
- Helping distribute and prioritize design requests/needs from across the company
- Working with the team to shape design process to work with internal teams efficiently
- With marketing, helping the team manage and evolve our visual brand identity
- Help the team work with vendors effectively (when appropriate)
Some traits we love for this role:
- TAGFEE (it guides all that we do)
- Involved in the design community
- Great listener
- Great sharer / story-teller
- Fun - nobody should take themselves too seriously
- You have a cool hobby, like hunting for truffles or using nunchucks or something.
- Understands technical design constraints
- A great combination of academic and applied design knowledge
- At least 10 years of web UX experience
- At least 5 years leading and managing a design / UX team
- Up to date with latest design tools and trends
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
- Experience in a high-energy startup or an enterprise class software company is a plus
We build analytics software that gives our users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. Behind the tool is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’re a startup with the ability to turn a profit, backed by a passionate community of followers, and with an exciting and hopefully VERY lucrative road ahead.
We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. It’s not just about ping pong games and company parties (though we have those too!)— Learn more about it below before you apply:
Sneak peek at the goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- 21 days off plus 3000 per year towards your vacation!!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies!
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)