Are you a Senior Software Engineer looking for a new opportunity?
Come check out our team at Moz! We’re looking for an Engineer that loves to learn, is interested in being exposed to a large technology stack and that cares about seeing the impact of his/her work. Yes, it’s true! Here at Moz you will be able to see the difference that your hard work will make.
Join our Shared Services team and use your experience with large-scale systems to make our company and products better every single day!
- Learn, Maintain, and Improve large-scale, production systems
- Develop incremental new features and improve existing systems, including the two most highly-visible features of the product
- Optimize map-reduce optimization during upcoming Hbase rollout
- Implement and improve deployment, monitoring, testing, operational and foundational tools
- Be an excellent problem solver, and willing to roll up sleeves to tackle any issue thrown your way
Here is what you will be working with!
- 200+ ec2 instances and terabytes of S3.
- 20+ hosted application servers
- 6+ Mysql servers (Master/slave config + backups)
- 4+ Redis servers
- 13 Riak nodes
- HDFS and Hbase clusters
- Networking (Cisco PIX, Coyote Pt load balancers, DNS)
- System monitoring (Nagios, Pingdom, Zabbix, New Relic, Librato)
- Proficiency with Linux as an operating environment
- Familiarity with Ruby (and ideally Rails)
- Familiarity with Mysql and noSQL (Riak, Cassandra, redis, Hbase, HDFS)
- Familiarity with Nginx, Unicorn, Apache2 or other HTTP platforms
- Experience with Amazon AWS (S3, ec2, ELB, EBD, ETC)
- Computer Science degree or related, or equivalent work experience/training
We build analytics software that gives our users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. Behind the tool is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’re a startup with the ability to turn a profit, backed by a passionate community of followers, and with an exciting and hopefully VERY lucrative road ahead.
We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. It’s not just about ping pong games and company parties (though we have those too!)— Learn more about it below before you apply:
Sneak peek at the goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- 21 days off plus 3000 per year towards your vacation!!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)