Moz is looking for a backend Software Engineer to take a lead role within our web and inbound engineering team. We’d love a full stack developer with a talent for writing Node.js, Python, and PHP.
About the position:
- Work closely with the Team Lead, Team TPM, and product owner for understanding the functional and system requirements.
- Participate in testing process through unit testing and bug fixes.
- Development of new applications by following a set of requirements, specs, and designs from other departments to assure production of a quality product.
- Responsible for analysis of current applications including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior developers.
- Follow good development practices and software development life cycle methodologies throughout product development
- Assist in resource and time estimation to create engineering designs, hiring, and mentoring the team.
- Team is responsible for user authentication, signup process (including PCI compliance), customer tracking/engagement, mailing service, and a number of other services used by Moz products.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years of on the job experience with PHP, and be actively writing PHP on a daily basis.
- Comfortable with programming languages such as Python, CoffeeScript, or Node.js.
- Strong understanding of Git, relational databases and NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with Nginx and Fabric configurations.
- Experience with Agile processes and methodology.
We develop an analytics software product to help people do better marketing. Behind the tool is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’re a startup with the ability to turn a profit, backed by a passionate community of followers, and with an exciting and hopefully VERY lucrative road ahead.
We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. It’s not just about ping pong games and company parties (though we have those too!)— We’d love you to learn more about it below before you apply:
Moz believes in the TAGFEE tenets. As Mozzers, we strive to exemplify these core values.
Making the web a better place (http://moz.com/about) and watch how we do it (http://moz.com/products).
Not convinced we are awesome yet? Check out our video “Why we love Moz” and our amazing benefits package.
Sneak peek at the goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- 21 days off plus 3000 per year towards your vacation!!!
- Home internet, home office, gym, and transportation subsidies
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)