- Are you a GAAP master?
- Do you have trouble sleeping if your accounts don’t reconcile?
- Do you <3 spreadsheets? Does building a nested IF statement incorporating VLOOKUP, MATCH, or INDEX statements inside multiple AND or OR functions excite you?
- Are you so organized your house resembles a museum?
- Are your management skills so exceptional they call you sensei?
If yes, then we should meet! We’re searching for the World’s Best Corporate Controller to help keep our financial house organized, efficient, and innovative during a period of aggressive growth.
The Top 6 Job Responsibilities:
- Manage & develop the staff of a hard-working, fun, and brilliant accounting team. Lucky you!
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual close.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor accounting processes, policies, and procedures in accordance with GAAP and to public-company standards.
- Prepare accurate, informative, and timely external & internal reporting.
- Ensure local, state, & federal tax & regulatory compliance.
- Manage audits. Maintain audit readiness.
And There is More...
- Lead selection & implementation of new financial system. Be our functional expert!
- Support company & functional financial planning, analysis, & reporting.
- Collaborate with tax experts in the development of appropriate tax strategies and preparation of relevant tax return filings.
- Support ad hoc analysis requests, or special projects, as needed.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics…
- Positive – May be demanding, but interacts with staff and others in a positive & respectful manner, one that engenders motivation to improve and excel.
- Transparent – Has authentic personality and comfort of self that is evident to those around you.
- Fairness – Has a high sense of fairness and is perceived as fair in the interaction and treatment of all people.
- Collaborative – Is able to lead in a collaborative style and willing to work well with others in a variety of areas to achieve specific objectives. Differences are resolved on an issues-focused basis and in the best interests of all.
- Continuous Development – Is intellectually curious and motivated to further develop one’s own capabilities. Seeks feedback and additional training or development opportunities. Fosters similar continuous development motivation for staff as well.
- Technologically Competent & Curious – Has a high affinity for technology and systems and is able to learn new systems rapidly. Also seeks technical product and data understanding.
- Fun – Realizes work is too much work unless it’s fun. Willing to be silly. Perfectly fine with dogs (or cats) in the office.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Prior staff development & supervision experience (3+ years)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of GAAP and familiarity with IFRS
- Financial statement development and presentation including disclosures & SEC reporting
- Process development, mapping, and procedures skills for the array of controller functions.
- Internal controls and associated SOX compliance
- Strong desktop computer skills – especially Excel functions (e.g. pivot tables, VLOOKUP function, IF statements, etc.). Some Microsoft Access skills helpful.
- Strong communication skills and relationship abilities
- Licensed CPA (must be active and current)
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance from an accredited college or university, or MBA with an emphasis in Accounting/Finance
- Additional credentials helpful (e.g. CGMA, CIA, etc.)
- Minimum 7+ years of public company accounting experience and/or a public accounting firm with public company clients, including 3+ years supervision experience.
- Preference for individuals with strong systems/ERP skills.
- Preference for experience in high-growth technology company or subscription business.
We developed an analytics software product to help people do better marketing. Behind the tool is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’re a startup with the ability to turn a profit, backed by a passionate community of followers, and with an exciting and hopefully VERY lucrative road ahead.
We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. It’s not just about ping pong games and company parties (though we have those too!)— We’d love you to learn more about it below before you apply:
Sneak peek at the goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- 21 days off plus 3000 per year towards your vacation!!!
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)